Monday, May 4, 2009

The Mirror Lies

The mirror lies once again tonight,
she sees herself in a different light,
the battle lines are drawn
and now it’s a fight,
to see if she can last through one more night.
She lays in bed through the pain
she wants to stop but doesn’t want to gain,
the looks and the stares and all the names,
from the world around her, they are to blame.
The pictures of "perfect" everywhere,
these expectations just aren’t fair,
how is anyone supposed to bare
the cost of a world who doesn’t care.
She sinks down onto her knees,
against the cold porcelain caressing
her sad little face is all she sees,
she’s got to do it one more time.
That’s what she believes.
She wants to cry out,
"God just help me please"
" I see their faces in my head,
I hear their words, the ones I dread,
I know what they think, when they see me.
But that will change when im wearing red".
She wonders if they’ll wipe the tears
and talk about the fears
they have inside,
while they sit a while
and wonder what made her smile.
Or will they walk
past her grave and talk
as they throw rocks and mock
the girl they never knew.

3 comments: